Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Groom's Bracing Himself for the First Dance Lesson

Larry Fry is the fiance of Amy Jean a popular local blogger of "The Relentless Bride." They are taking 5 lessons to prepare for their "First Dance"

Here are his thoughts before the lessons commence:
My father has always been there for me. So when he offered some assistance to me and my fiancee in offering to assist with the bill for our wedding, it did not come as much of a surprise. Then he threw me under the bus. Well, I think that may be putting it too lightly. He threw me under the bus and kicked me in the proverbial groin.  

He had a condition to the offer. "As long as you take dance lessons." The look on my face was probably a combination of 1. anger (that he had not mentioned this to me in private first), 2. fear (of Amy, if I did say no), and 3. nausea (at the thought of dancing in any way other than what you'd see at an 8th grade dance). Needless to say, #2 overrode the other options, and here I am today writing this post the night before our first lesson.

He had not run this condition past my mother, which was obvious by the look of shock on her face when the words left his mouth. The jury is still out on whether he ran this by Amy, no matter what she says, or whether this was all her idea to begin with. All that is irrelevant now, as agreements were made, checks were cashed, and being a lawyer, I know I now have to keep up my side of the deal.

To read more about his feelings about taking dance lessons click on the link below:

http://www.relentlessbride.com/2010/02/wedding-dance-he-said-introduction.html




No comments: